On this page are links to newspaper clippings featuring the Milwaukee Braves. Follow the links and read these timeless classics. If you would like add an article to this page, drop me an email. Links open in a new window, make sure to click on the picture to make it larger if it appears too small.
- 03/19/1953: Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune: "Milwaukee Braves Are Reality; Predict More Major Club Shifts" "City Rejoices, Milwaukee Fans Rush for Tickets" Great article about the Braves coming to Wisconsin. Features some other great articles about creating a third baseball league to rival the NL and AL.
- 03/31/1953: Panama City News: "Braves Return to Milwaukee with Fine Club" This is a great article about the brand new Milwaukee Braves breaking camp in Bradenton, Florida and headed to Milwaukee for the first time.
- 04/10/1953: Syracuse Post Standard: "Rain Puts Stop to Milwaukee Tilt" Information on the Braves exhibition game, the first in County Stadium, 2 innings long.
- 04/15/1953: Syracuse Post Standard: "Homer by Bruton in 10th Give Braves 3-2 Win" Article about Story and box score from Braves home opener.
- 04/18/1953: Sheboygan Press: "Braves Officials Say Stadium Lights Okay" Article about County Stadium trying to get ready for the arrival of the Braves and making sure there are enough lights for a night game.
- 03/29/1954: Sheboygan Press: "Braves Might Bring Back Daylight Time For State" Anybody that doubts how important the Braves were to Milwaukee needs to read this article. Forget the legislature, we need an extra hour for Braves baseball!!! (Crazy thing is we have daylight savings in Wisconsin now:))
- 07/16/1954: Sheboygan Press: "Braves Owner, Perini, Urges Businessmen Support Sports" Great article about grass roots support.
- 08/02/1954: Waukesha Daily Freeman: "Adcock Has Plastic Helmet To Thank After Being Hit" A day after hitting four home runs, plastic helmet the greatest invention since the cottin gin.
- 09/10/1954: Stevens Point Daily Journal: "Brave-Dodger Set Important to Both" and "Is Everybody Happy About the Braves in Milwaukee"Two great articles from the same paper. The second article is a great insight into how powerful of a draw the Braves were.
- 09/13/1954: Oshkosh Northwestern: "Braves Plan to Cut Upper Deck Tickets But to Boost Others" Hold on tight, bleacher seats are..... 75 cents.
- 06/1956: Milwaukee Journal or Sentinel: "A Brave Gesture by Webb, 10,000 Hamburgers for 12"A great article about George Webb predicting 12 wins in a row and pacing the house listening to the Braves. Thanks Bobby for this article scan.
- 09/19/1956: Oshkosh Northwestern: "Get Em Braves and Get Em Bargains" Great vintage ad for grocery store.
- 10/11/1957: Milwauke Sentinel: "Hail To Our Braves: BEST IN THE WORLD!" Front page from the Milwaukee Paper. A special thanks to Ken Germanson who covered the story for the Sentinel at the time and witnessed the chaos in downtown Milwaukee. You'll see his story in the middle of this page ("City Dances in Streets!"). He donated this scan to us on the 50th anniversary of the World Series Win!
- 10/11/1957: Ironwood Daily Globe: "World Championship Makes Braves' Miracle Complete" Great articles on the 1957 championship.
- 10/11/1957: Panama City Herald: "New York Mourns Loss of Giants, Bums and World Series to Milwaukee Braves" An interesting article on the heels of the Yankees loss to the Braves and reflection on the season gone by.
- 10/11/1957: Long Beach Independent: "Braves Win Series As Yankees Collapse" Burdette Toast of Milwaukee After Third Stirring Win.
- 04/30/1959: Stevens Point Daily Journal: "Aaron Predicts Batting Title With .350 Mark" Seems prophetic in hind sight as he won the title in 1959 with a .355 average.
- 06/22/1960: Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune: "Braves Inch Closer to NL Lead" Wallop Giants in Pair, 9-6,2-1 Sweeping Their 1st Twinbill of '60 Moves Braves To 3 1/2 Games.
- 08/31/1960: Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune: "Spahn Chills St. Louis on Sparkling 5-Hitter, 10-0" Aging Spahn Nets 17th Feels Good'. Also features a picture of Chief Thunderbird, a Winnebago Indian giving the Braves a good luck charm.
- 10/22/1964: Oshkosh Northwestern: "Six Oppose Change" A couple of articles on the fight to keep the Braves in Milwaukee.
- 10/22/1964: The Lima News: "Braves' Directors Favor Move To Atlanta" More news on the pending move to Atlanta.
- 09/22/1965: Appleton Post Crescent: "Dry Eyed Milwaukee Fans Planning No Farewell Party For Braves Tonight" An interesting article into the dragged out move out of Milwaukee and how the jilted fans felt.
- 09/23/1965: Appleton Post Crescent: "Fans Tribute Shakes Mathews, Aaron" A sad goodbye.